Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Higher priced emergency care led to better outcomes, but only in markets with a lot of competition – Pricier care correlated with lower mortality, but only in competitive hospital markets, study finds (Healthcare Dive)
- Turning to virtual solutions for medical staff shortages – Virtual medical office assistants overcome staffing shortages (Physicians Practice)
- Telehealth is expected to be 15% of medical visits by 2027 – The future is now: Health care’s path to digital transformation (Bloomberg)
- The questions you should be prepared to answer when applying for a new physician job – 8 questions you should ask every physician in the screening interview (CompHealth)
- Is violence increasing in healthcare settings? – Lawmakers in these 6 states move to combat violence against healthcare workers (Becker’s Hospital Review)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Lisa has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.