Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the Web to help you learn what’s next.
- From telehealth workflow to racial disparities, find out what the biggest patient safety concerns are this year — The 10 biggest patient safety concerns for 2021, according to ECRI (Advisory Board)
- A year after the start of the pandemic healthcare jobs are down — Healthcare workforce is 3.5% smaller one year after its 2020 peak, analysis shows (Becker’s Hospital Review)
- COVID-19 has greatly impacted a generation of physicians — How the pandemic has affected the next generation of physicians (CompHealth)
- Empower your patients to more actively engage in their medical care — Patient engagement: Access is the future of healthcare (Managed Healthcare Executive)
- Burnout and turnover in healthcare surge in pandemic — 1 year of COVID-19 has changed what it’s like to work in healthcare (Healthcare Dive)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. She has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years.