Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Technology is giving physicians more patient time – The real-world value of technology: How assistive solutions are giving clinicians more time to care (Becker’s Hospital Review)
- To maximize your pay, you may want to avoid working in these states – Best states for physicians in 2021: 5 states with the lowest physician salary (Physicians Practice)
- Fighting burnout isn’t a physician problem, it’s a culture problem – Are we wrong about the causes of physician burnout? (Medical Economics)
- Is discrimination inherent in healthcare? – Physicians, patients see race and trust in healthcare differently, poll finds (Healthcare Dive)
- When medication isn’t the best option – How providers – and their patients – are reaping the benefits of ‘deprescribing’ (Advisory Board)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. She has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years.