Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the Web to help you learn what’s next.
- Patients are relying less on primary care. How can you change that? – 5 ways PCPs can retain patients (and attract new ones) (Physicians Practice)
- Look for options to expand your experience and grow your career – Five opportunities for physician career growth and development (Physician’s Weekly)
- Getting a second opinion is good for you and the patient – Think again: Get a second opinion (KevinMD)
- Physicians still aren’t sure how to treat people with disabilities – Study: Many physicians unaware of their obligations under ADA (Medical Economics)
- COVID-19 isn’t just impacting health systems, it’s changing med schools too – How COVID-19 is changing medical schools, according to UCSF dean (Becker’s Hospital Review)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. She has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.