Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- It’s time for retirement or another change, but who do you pass your patients to? — How to build a succession plan for your practice (Physicians Practice)
- Why buying the big house and car right out of residency may be a bad long-term idea — Don’t make your loan situation worse (Medical Economics)
- Vaccine mandates get all the news, but burnout is the real reason people are leaving healthcare — Burnout, not vaccine mandates, remains the driving force behind labor shortages (Healthcare Finance)
- Broadband and telehealth, a match made to improve patients’ lives — Broadband investments can improve health, as long as insurers don’t roll back telehealth coverage (Healthcare Dive)
- Hiring a new employee or finding a new job in healthcare both require new perks — Incentivizing physicians during the recruitment process: How to get them to choose your company (Health eCareers)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Lisa has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.