Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the Web to help you learn what’s next.
- New doctors want more in their lives than medicine – New physicians want work-life balance in first job, survey says (Medical Economics)
- The hidden benefits of focusing on your own well-being – To retain staff, organizations need to invest in well-being beyond the workplace (Advisory Board)
- Mental health treatment is going virtual – Telehealth accounts for one in three mental health visits two years into the pandemic (Forbes)
- In the midst of the great resignation, one physician argues now is not the time to quit medicine – Quitting medicine is NOT the answer (Locumstory)
- Healthcare workers nationwide are becoming accustomed to workplace violence – Threats, obscenities, homicide: Healthcare workers stressed by pandemic face elevated violence (Healthcare Dive)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Grabl has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.