Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Few patients of color have providers with similar backgrounds – Only 22% of Black patients have a healthcare provider of the same race, study finds (Becker’s Hospital Review)
- The best places to practice medicine might surprise you – Top 10 States to practice in (Physicians Practice)
- It’s National Physicians Week – National Physicians Week 2022: Reflect and be grateful (CompHealth)
- Closing rural hospitals does more than hurt patient care – Negative effects of rural hospital closings go beyond health, study finds (Healthcare Dive)
- Staffing shortages are affecting patient care and provider mental health – 34% of doctors report increased medical errors due to staffing shortages (Medical Economics)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Grabl has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.