Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Massive physician shortage on the way – AAMC estimates 124K more physicians will be needed by 2034, with largest gap among specialists (Fierce Healthcare)
- Improve your leadership by acting like an athlete – Leaders as Athletes (Leading Well)
- Time for a new medical license? Use these tips to make the process easier – How to get a state medical license (CompHealth)
- Create better physician leaders by first looking at their environment – 3 ways to foster resilient, adaptive physician leaders (Advisory Board)
- Staying up late may be adversely affecting your health – Are you a morning person or a night owl? The early risers may have the advantage (USA Today)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. She has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years.