Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Looking for more or less competition? Try working in these states – Physicians in 4 states expected to face most competition (Becker’s Hospital Review)
- Financial literacy can be as important to physicians as medical knowledge – Financial literacy and its role in maintaining a physician’s desired lifestyle (Physician’s Weekly)
- Don’t follow your passion and other career advice – The best advice we’ve ever gotten, according to 7 Advisory Board experts (Advisory Board)
- From practicing kindness to staying out of office politics, these tips will make working as a physician and a locums easier – 5 tips for success in locum tenens (Locumstory)
- You may be seeing your next patient in the comfort of their home – Amid COVID-19 Delta surge, hospital-at-home programs could relieve hospital rationing (Forbes)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. She has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years.