Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Inequity in healthcare is found everywhere — “Pervasive” racial and ethnic inequities exist across all state health systems, Commonwealth Fund analysis finds (Fierce Healthcare)
- Clinic staff took the brunt of job losses and pay decreases during the COVID-19 pandemic — Providers were protected from pay cuts, layoffs as volumes fell during pandemic, survey finds (Healthcare Dive)
- Looking for a new job? Hit a virtual career fair — 5 tips for getting the most out of a physician career fair (CompHealth)
- Would an MBA be good for your career? — Three reasons why doctors should get an MBA degree (and three why they shouldn’t) (Medical Economics)
- 2022 should see upticks in virtual care and well-being — Top health and well-being trends for 2022 (Managed Healthcare Executive)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Lisa has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.