Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Bridging the gap between actual needs and lip service – Op-Ed: Hand a burned-out healthcare worker a baked good, and ‘muffin rage’ may follow (Los Angeles Times)
- Data show even larger physician shortages in the future – New numbers portend a severe physician shortage (Health eCareers)
- The pandemic helped fuel innovation and technology breakthroughs in medicine – The pipeline is full and brimming with promise. Hat tip to science (Managed Healthcare Executive)
- Healthcare jobs are still a hot commodity – Healthcare roles dominate U.S. News 2022 list of best jobs (Healthcare Dive)
- Get your financial house ready for a new year – 2022 financial self-defense basics (Physicians Practice)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Lisa has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.