Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- How do you handle your patient emails? — Doctors are buried in patient emails. Should they start billing for their replies? (Advisory Board)
- Parting ways with a difficult patient — Suggestions for managing difficult patients (Physicians Practice)
- You can still maintain continuity of care as a locum tenens physician — What continuity of care is like for locum tenens physicians (Locumstory)
- Be a better physician by improving your staff meetings — How to hold effective team meetings (Medical Economics)
- Why is orthopedic surgery still overwhelmingly white? — The whitest specialty: As medicine strives to close its diversity gaps, one field remains a stubborn outlier (STAT)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Lisa has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.