Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Identifying the difference between burnout and depression – Physician burnout, depression, and suicide (Medical Economics)
- What do your colleagues and patients really think about you? – How to be the best doctor people have ever worked with (Locumstory)
- An argument for building long-term patient relationships – Is good care good enough? (Physicians Practice)
- Sicker patients and workforce shortages are pushing hospitals to the financial brink – Hospital margins worse than when the pandemic began (Healthcare Dive)
- Life expectancy is trending down – U.S. life expectancy plunges for a second consecutive year. Experts underscore possible factors (USA Today)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Grabl has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.