Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Healthcare is under attack by ransomware — 1 in 3 healthcare organizations hit by ransomware pay hackers, report finds (Becker’s Hospital Review)
- Get more time in your day by avoiding interruptions — Five ways physicians can minimize interruptions (Physicians Practice)
- The COVID-19 pandemic may find itself replaced by a mental health pandemic — The COVID-19 pandemic is finally lifting. But the “grief pandemic” is just beginning. (Advisory Board)
- Need funding for your practice? These tips will point you in the right direction — How can medical practices finance their growth? (Medical Economics)
- The way you treat overweight patients may encourage them to avoid healthcare in the future — Two studies highlight increased fat-shaming and its tie to healthcare avoidance (Health eCareers)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. She has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years.