Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Fixing gender bias in medicine – Gender bias in medicine: 5 examples, and what physicians can do about it (Medical Economics)
- Insurers are embracing telehealth – The Busy Signal: Telehealth Deals Surge as Usage Stays High (Managed Healthcare Executive)
- Study finds race impacts harm received during health stays – Even within the same hospital, Black patients endure more harm than white patients (Fierce Healthcare)
- There is more to medicine than just saving lives – Where does the joy and meaning in medicine dwell? (KevinMD)
- Use these tips to increase productivity and reduce burnout – Study Suggests How You Can Reduce Burnout and Improve Productivity in Your Practice (Health eCareers)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. She has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years.