Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the Web to help you learn what’s next.
- The expectation of overwork — Operating at a loss: Our healthcare system depends on physicians donating their time (STAT)
- Is burnout an actual medical condition? — Facing the specter of burnout: Making clinician mental health a top priority (CompHealth)
- Better medicine through decentralization — How physicians and patients are partnering to evolve decentralized clinical trial model (Physicians Practice)
- Battling misinformation — Q&A: Aaron Carroll on medicine’s “dirty secrets,” how to fight coronavirus myths, and more (Advisory Board)
- Healthcare professionals are leaving their jobs over more than the pandemic — The Healthcare Staff Shortage: 1 in 5 Workers Has Quit (Health eCareers)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Lisa has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.