Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Is burnout a personal or institutional problem? — The true cost of physician burnout (Medical Economics)
- Evaluating your next job, the pros and cons of different practice settings — How to evaluate a physician practice opportunity (CompHealth)
- Telehealth is good for the environment — Why telehealth is a weapon against climate change (Becker’s Hospital Review)
- There’s an algorithm for that — Industry Voices — Why the COVID-19 pandemic was a watershed moment for machine learning (Fierce Healthcare)
- Attracting and retaining top talent is healthcare’s focus — Hospitals boost hiring efforts, sweeten employee benefits, survey finds (Healthcare Dive)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. She has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years.