Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the Web to help you learn what’s next.
- With stay at home orders and social distancing mandates, many people have felt the strain of social isolation. The following strategies can help clinicians and patients feel more connected — Ways healthcare workers & patients can reduce social isolation during the pandemic (Health eCareers)
- How has telehealth changed patient care during the pandemic? Marc Harrison details the biggest takeaways from the expansion of virtual care in 2020 — 7 key telehealth lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic (Harvard Business Review)
- Promoting communication and collaboration are essential features of managing a practice. Experts outline a handful of strategies to help practice managers refine their skills — Practice managers: How you can become better leaders (Physicians Practice)
- “It’s important for leaders to gather people they trust,” said Christopher Porter, PhD, who highlights how to avoid blind spots when assembling a strong team — What’s the best way to build a team with the appropriate skillset and diversity during COVID? (Medical Economics)
- A recent report from Moody’s Investors Service forecasts that many hospitals will continue to face declining revenues in 2021 due to COVID — Even with vaccine, Moody’s 2021 nonprofit hospital outlook is negative (Healthcare Dive)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Lisa has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years.
Last Updated December 23, 2020